The Department of Business, Economic Development and Tourism’s (DBEDT) Small Business Regulatory Review Board (SBRRB) is pleased to announce enhancements to the SBRRB website, sbrrb.hawaii.gov, that will make it simpler for small business owners and other users to navigate government regulations.
“Small businesses want to succeed, generate income, and grow, but sustainability may be impacted by rules and regulations,” said Robert Cundiff, SBRRB chair. “If you are a small business and a state or county government rule or regulation is negatively impacting your business, we want to hear about it.”
- A redesigned homepage with specific actions for that small business, business intermediaries such as trade groups and associations, and government can take;
- Enhanced filtering for meeting information so users can quickly see which departments are being discussed during each meeting;
- A directory of business and trade organizations;
- A redesigned rulemaking process graphic that more clearly defines all steps of the process;
- A redesigned email newsletter template and updated signup page that allows recipients to select the specific agencies they’d like to receive email updates for;
- An area highlighting SBRRB success stories, member accomplishments, press, and more.
SBRRB is an eleven-member board comprised of small business owners and officers from across the State of Hawaii and the Director of DBEDT. Its main activities include reviewing and making recommendations to state and county agencies on any proposed new or amended administrative rules and responding to small business requests for assistance with administrative rules. The Board meets monthly and is administratively attached to DBEDT.
NIC Hawaii worked closely with SBRRB staff to design and develop the new website.