The official event for June will be a He’eia Stream Restoration near Kaneohe. Lynn will be the leader on this one as Rosie will be off clearing some trails with DLNR this same day.
Also, there is another beach cleanup on Sunday if anyone would like to go as an unofficial event. Beach cleanups are a blast, we had a great time at our first one and even got free food and won prizes. Just grab a friend or your family and go spend a few hours at the beach.
- Sat June 16th – He’eia Stream Restoration
- Purpose: Restore native Hawaiian vegetation of riparian habitat in upper He’eia Stream. In addition to reforesting with native vegetation, the project includes installation of erosion control techniques to address eroding stream banks, and monitoring water quality pre and post project implementation.
- What to bring: Refillable water bottle, snacks, sunscreen, gloves, insect repellent, shoes/boots, change of clothes, towel, good energy, and a smile.
- Unofficial event: Sunday June 17th – Beach cleanup Diamond Head
- 10-12. Prizes, food & family fun